2007年12月18日 星期二

A6310 SectionA 49482003 林倢如 Speech Plan No.2

Informative speech
Speech title: Guinness World Records

Adaptation Plan
1. Speaking directly to the audiences: I will speak to the audiences directly and slowly so that everyone can clearly understand the whole content of my speech.
2. Building credibility: I will apply some pictures and stories which can support my statements. And I will take myself as a common person to compare with those extraordinary people who broke the Guinness world record.
3. Getting and maintaining interest: I think most people would be curios about the Guinness world record. So I will tell the audiences specifically about who break the record, how did they make it and where were they from.
4. Facilitating understanding: I'll use visual aids to present the information clearly, and I will also provide the references of my speech so that the audience can obtain further information.
5. Increasing retention: I will use visual aids to make my audiences leave the deep memory and I'll make the conclusion to end my speech.

Speech Outline:
Specific speech goal: I think my topic is interesting and rare people know clearly about the Guinness world record. After listening to my speech, I hope they can know more about it.
Introduction: Does anyone know that who is the tallest person in the world? Do you know how long is the longest hair growing on the person's ear? Are you curios about what the large dental cap looks like? If so, let me introduce them to you.
Thesis statement: Guinness World Record Book is the book catalogued many kinds of different people or things that made amazing records in the whole world. I searched this book from the internet and found someone and something that impressed me a lot. Today, I will share them to you.
Body:
I.Furthest Eyeball Popper: Kim Goodman is from USA, can pop her eyeballs to a protrusion of 11 millimeter out of her eye sockets.
II. Smallest Waist on a Living Person: Cathie Jung's been wearing a corset every day for the past 12 years, and she now wears one 24 hours a day.
III. Longest Ear Hair: Radhakant Bajpai is from India, has hair sprouting from the centre of his outer ears that measures an incredible 13.2 cm at its longest point.
IV. Most Tennis Balls Held in the Mouth by a Dog: The world record for the most tennis balls held in the mouth by a dog at one time is five. Augie, a golden retriever owned by the Miller family in Dallas, Texas, USA, successfully gathered and held all five regulation-sized tennis balls on July 6, 2003.
V. Tallest Dog Living: The tallest dog living is Gibson, it measured 107 cm tall on August 31, 2004 and is owned by Sandy Hall of Grass Valley, California, USA.
VI. Largest Dental Caps: The world's largest dental caps measure 50 cm long, 13 cm in diameter and weigh 13 kg each. They were fixed onto a pair of cracked tusks belonging to Spike, a resident Asian elephant, at the Calgary Zoo, in Canada.
VII. Heaviest Apple: The heaviest apple weighed 1.849 kg and was grown and picked by Chisato Iwasaki at his apple farm in Hirosaki City, Japan October 24, 2005.
Conclusion:
I think everyone has your own talent or specialty that is outstanding from the others. Find it out, maybe some day you can break the new Guinness world record and become famous in the world.

Source: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/default.aspx

沒有留言: