2007年11月25日 星期日

A6310 Section A 49482022 林玉書 Speech Plan No. 2

Informative speech

Speech title: Simple introduction of visual illusion.

Adaptation Plan

1.          Speaking directly to the audience:
I will speak directly to my audience throughout the speech. I'll go slowly and clearly to make sure my audience can know what I'm delivering.

2.          Building credibility:
I'll show my audience the information about visual illusion which I find and aggregate from many websites. I'll also show some example figures to make them understand and identify what I'm talking about.

3.          Getting and maintaining interest: I'll show one interesting picture about visual illusion to attract my audience's attention first. In the process of the speech, I'll use more example pictures to make my audience retain their interest.

4.          Facilitating understanding: I'll slowly and clearly explain what visual illusion is, and provide enough examples to make them understand. By using the visual aids of the pictures, my audience themselves can experience the effect of optional illusion. In the short time speech, I'll prepare the most basic categories of optional illusion to share with them and make them have basic understanding.

5.          Increasing retention: Using visual aids at the very start can help the audience have strong impression on my topic. I'll use different kinds of pictures to show them the tricky visual perception to make them have retention.

 

Speech Outline

SPECIFIC SPEECH GOAL: I want my audience to know what optional illusion is.

INTRODUCTION

I.            Before the speech, I want to show you one picture which is about my topic.

II.          The visual perception which misleads you is visual illusion, which is different from illusion.

III.        Visual illusion is natural to human beings, while of you only have illusion, you have to go to see a doctor.

THESIS STATEMENT: The three major categories of visual illusion can make people have different kinds of visual illusions; pavement drawings which apply visual illusion are also amazing works.

BODY

I.            The first major category of visual illusion is visual illusion of geometry.
A. The illusion of angle and direction make you have false perception about the right angle or right direction.
B. The cause of the illusion of length, distance and area is because length, width, height, or distance makes you have wrong perception, and thus think the object is bigger or smaller than it actually is.   
C. The illusion of straightness and curvature make you misperceive the straight lines to curves and curves become even more curved.
D. The illusion of assimilation and contrast is that the size of subject our eyes perceived would be misled by the objects which assimilate or contrast it.

II.          The second major category of visual illusion is figure-ground and ambiguous Figure.
A. Figure-ground is to make the background becomes the subject of the picture and make the background becomes the subject.
B. Ambiguous figure is a picture which can have two interpretations at a time

III.        The third major category of visual illusion is illusions of contradiction.
A: The illusion-of-contradictory pictures look three-dimensional in the picture but are impractical in reality.

IV.        Pavement drawings also apply visual illusion.


CONCLUSION
Now that you know what visual illusion is, you can apply it in your daily life to make your life more interesting, and furthermore, you don't have to worry about whether you have eye disease or not when having visual illusion.

 

SOURCES

Illusion? Visual Illusion? < http://www.mdnkids.com/classboard/wsee/wsee.htm>

Pavement Drawing < http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/pave.htm>
Wikipedia Visual Illusion <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_illusion >

錯視教材綱要 < http://tart.ntua.edu.tw/game/graphic/huang-zhao-shen/org/lookart/n4.htm>

沒有留言: