2007年11月25日 星期日

A6310 Section A 49482022 林玉書 Speech Plan No. 1

Personal Experience

Speech title: My experience of hard sell.

Audience Adaptation

1.     How relevant will the audience find this material to be?
My audiences have experiences of being pushed to buy something on the street, so I think my experience can help them know how to cope with this kind of situation.

2.     How can I make it easier for audience members to comprehend the information I will share?
I will tell them my personal experiences with simple diction clearly and carefully.

3.     What common ground do audience members share with each other and with me?
Commonly, everyone thinks that the salespersons on the street are annoying. They're just like a flock of flies which can't be expel away.

4.     What can I do to enhance my credibility?
I will tell them my personal experiences vividly, making them feel like in the same situation.

5.     What is my audience's initial attitude toward my speech topic likely to be?
They will have empathy because most of them have this kind of experiences.

6.     What language or culture differences do audience members have with each other and with me?
There is no culture difference between my audience and me. Besides, I'll try to use clear and simple diction to convey my ideas. I'll also pronounce every single words clearly and vividly.

 

Specific goal: I'd like to tell my audience my experience of hard sell, and how to cope with situations like this.

Introduction

I.            Many people have the experience of being stopped on the street and pushed to buy something.

II.          I have many experiences of this kind many times.

III.        From those lessons, I've gradually learned how to deal with situations this.

Thesis statement:

I'd like to share two of my experiences of hard sell, and tell them the change of my attitude toward the salesperson from the two events.

Body

I.            My first time of being pushed to buy something happened at Taipei train station.
A. I was forced to buy a charity pen which cost 2000 dollars.
  1. The salesperson tried every endeavor to persuade me to buy the
    useless pen.
  2. When I was about to take out the money from my pocket, a woman
    came to help me out of this trouble.
  3. I was thankful for the woman, and I decided if I was in the same
    situation again, I had to help myself out.

II.          One day I went window shopping with my sister, we encountered a hard-sell salesperson again.
A. We were pushed to buy a discount card.
  1. I was indifferent to the salesperson, so he focused his fire on my sister.
  2. I tried to save my sister, so I said to the salesperson that we didn't need
    this card.
  3. The salesperson's face twisted with anger and he turned and walked
    away immediately.
  4. The same day at night, a piece of news on TV shocked me because it
    said that the discount card was fake, and I was glad we didn't buy it.

Conclusion

I.            I learned something from this experience.
A. First is, if you really don't want to buy the product, just say "no" firmly.
B. If you really want to donate your money for the poor, just go straight to the
  charity centers, so you don't have to doubt their credibility.

II.          I really learned how to deal with the unhappy situation from my own experience.

沒有留言: