2007年12月26日 星期三

A6310 Section B 蔡依璇 Speech Plan No.3

Topic: Will newspapers disappear?

Audience Adaptation Plan


I. Audience analysis
My audience is composed of young college students who have been read newspapers and used computers since elementary schools.

II. Background knowledge
My perception is that my audience know newspapers and computers for a long time.

III. Creating and maintaining interest
I will ask my audience who has the habit of reading newspapers everyday. Then, I will make my audience Imagine the pictures on PowerPoint.

IV. Organization
I will follow the motivated sequence: attention, need, satisfaction, visualization, and action.

V. Building credibility
I will establish my credibility by mentioning and citing the origin of resources.

VI. Motivation
I encourage my audience to take a look at newspapers often.

Outline
I. Specific goal
I want my audience to realize that newspapers will disappear in the future.

II. Attention: visualization
A. Ask my audience who has the habit of reading newspapers everyday.
B. Imagine
1. Your grandfather with his glasses ask you to explain what the newspaper says.
2. 50 years later, you are the person who ask your grandchildren what is on the "computer."

III. Need
A. I will ask my audience to think of the role newspapers play in your daily lives.
B. I will arouse the problem of "Who killed the newspaper?"

IV. Satisfaction
A. Internet is the biggest reason why newspaper will disappear one day.
B. The decline reason
1. number of people fallen
2. share price fallen
3. reporters cutting
4. loss of circulation

V. Visualization
Online journalists and bloggers emerge to take traditional newspapers' position.

VI. Action
Newspapers will disappear. it is just a matter of time.

VII. Sources
A. economist's website
http://www.economist.com/opinion/displaystory.cfm?story_id=7830218
B. Scobleizer's website column
http://scobleizer.com/2007/03/24/newspapers-are-dead/
C. Wikipedia
Newspapers and Internet

沒有留言: