2007年12月5日 星期三

A6310 SectionB 49482015 陳思渝 Speech plan No.2

Informative speech

Speech title: To understand dogs more through their behavior

Adaptation Plan

1.          Speaking directly to the audience:
I will use personal pronouns and speak directly to my audience throughout the speech.  

2.          Building credibility:
I'll combine my personal experiences of keeping a dog with the information which I obtained from the veterinarian, the forum on the net, books and magazine.

3.          Getting and maintaining interest:

  Since dogs cannot talk, I will tell the audience how to understand dogs through their behavior. I'll start the speech with some rhetorical questions. Then, I'll make the audience know that although some of them don't have a dog, they still have some chances to touch dogs. Thus, the topic is related to all the audience in some degree.

4.          Facilitating understanding:

        I'll demonstrate body languages of dogs by using the stuffed toy so that the audience can understand what I'm talking about. In addition, I'll also use power point, some pictures to make my speech clearer.

5.           Increasing retention:

I'll explain body languages of dogs vividly by using the stuffed toy instead of pictures. Usually, the audience will remember vivid visual aid than the rigid one. Also, I'll still use some cute pictures to help the audience remember my speech.

 

Speech Outline

Specific Speech Goal:

     I want my audience to understand dogs more through their behavior.

Introduction:

I.          Use two rhetorical questions to be the lead-in of my speech.

II.         Show the audience how they are related to this topic.

 

Thesis Statement:

I'll tell the audience how doggies use their body language, and how we can observe the common illness through their behavior while those illnesses are easily neglected by the feeders.

 

 

Body:

I.                 The first part is about body languages of dogs.
A.
Stretch out forefeet, raise its bottom and shake the tail

B.
Raise its tail, and body leans forward
C.
Lie down, and upturn its belly
D.
Rub its back against the ground

E. Use forefoot to touch and scratch person lightly or nestle up to person

II.          The second part is about how we can observe their illness through their reactions.
A.
The doggy keep scratching its ears. It might be "otitis externa"

1. The experience of my dog.

2. The advice of the veterinarian.

3. How to prevent this disease.

B.  The doggy eats food less than before and is low-spirited all day  long. It might be melancholia.

       1. The experience of my dog.

       2. The way we cure the disease.


Conclusion:
     
Many people keep dogs because they don't want to be lonely. But while people want doggies to accompany them, they have to understand their doggies, too. So today I share the information with you, hoping that you could know better about dogs

 

Sources:

Companion Animal Research and Information Center. " 看懂狗狗的肢體語言,讓你和狗寶貝溝通無障礙 " < http://www.caric.com.tw/page_06.asp?sid=7>

 

賽日密馬。<狗的身體語言>。<http://horseracingcode.com/

viewthread.php?tid=15444&extra=page%3D1>

 

蔣慧芬。<狗的肢體語言>。假如狗狗會說話。20071月。71

 

戴更基。<挫折Frustration>。寵物樂透。20034月。64-65



Get news, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Check it out!

沒有留言: