2007年12月5日 星期三

Plan 2 /49382028/林佩樺

Informative Speech Section A 49382028 林佩樺
Speech Topic: Picture the Sleep Pattern
Adaptation Plan:
1. Speaking directly to members of the audience:
I will use personal pronouns, and choose simple or
colloquial words to speak directly to my audience.
2. Building credibility:
First, I will tell my audience that I have been
interested in sleep studies since I suffered from
sleep paralysis few years ago. Secondly, I will
provide certified figures and patterns from prominent
sleep study institutions.
3. Getting and maintaining interest:
I will present pictures of brain
electroencephalography, and tell them some unusual but
interesting activities people do during their sleeps.
4. Facilitating understanding:
I will organize my speech in chronological order.
Furthermore, I will emphasize examples of the sleep
patterns in daily life rather than medical jargons.
5. Increasing retention:
I will present and repeat the sleep pattern to help my
audience retain the information I provide.

Speech Outline:
Speech Goal: My audience will know the sleep pattern
and its functions in human organism. sleep paralysis
Introduction:
I. Did you ever experience sleep paralysis. I did. Few
years ago, I suffered from sleep paralysis. It was
terrifying. I was awake and felt I was consistently
falling but I could not move a finger to stop it.
II. Instead of believing religious myth, I grew
interests in sleep studies such as, how people sleep
well, how sleep works, or why people sleep too little
fatty, any kind of studies about sleep.
III. I found science explanations to my sleeping
disorder; the answer lies in the sleep pattern.
Thesis statement: Sleep pattern cycles NREM (non-rapid
eye movement), consisting four stages, and REM (rapid
eye movement).
Body:
I. Four stages consist of NREM (non-rapid eye
movement).
A. First stage is light sleep, between being awake and
falling asleep.
B. Second, the onset of sleep, becoming disengaged
from surroundings.
C. The third stage functions primarily as a transition
into stage N4. This is the stage in which sleepwalking
and sleep-talking occur.
D. The last stage the deepest forms of sleep.

II. REM (rapid eye movement) First occurs about 90
minutes after falling asleep and recurs about every 90
minutes, getting longer later in the night
A. Brain is active and dreams occur and body becomes
immobile and relaxed, as muscles are turned off.
B. It is when sleep paralysis happens.
C. It Provides energy to brain and body and supports
daytime performance

III. NREM and REM repeats in a typical sleep.
A. They circle 3 to 4 times a night
B. The latter the cycle, the longer is the REM phrase.
Conclusion:
I. A typical sleep consists 3 to 4 times of REM and
NREM phrases.
II. Each of stage of sleep serves different functions
and secrets assorted hormones.
III. Next time if you were awake parallelized during
your sleep, do not panic. You just happen to in the
REM phrase.
Source:
National Sleep Foundation:
(http://www.sleepfoundation.org/site/c.huIXKjM0IxF/b.2417141/k.2E30/The_National_Sleep_Foundation.htm)
Wikipedia:(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki)
State of Conscious
(http://facweb.furman.edu/~einstein/general/sleepdemo/sleep.htm)
SyrProfessor
Psychology Department
Le Moyne College
(http://web.lemoyne.edu/~hevern/psy340/lectures/psy340.09.02.stages.sleep.html)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
馬上體驗全新Yahoo!奇摩電子信箱2.0。 http://tw.mg0.mail.yahoo.com/dc/landing

沒有留言: