2007年10月16日 星期二

A6310 Section B 尤雅惠 49482029 Speech Plan No.5

Audience Adaptation Plan Effie 49482029
Topic: I am a book lover.
1. How relevant will the audience find this material to be?
Through the speech, the audience can know more about my reading habits.
How can I demonstrate that the material is timely, proximate, and has personal impact to the members of this audience?
Lots of the audience love to read, and some of them have their own books. Under this situation, everybody might understand the must and mustn't of treating books to show their respect to the books.
2. How can I make it easier for audience members to comprehend the information I will share?
I will carry out some methods of protecting books. Most people know how but sometimes I would still get mad because of the ways they ruin books without noticing. Therefore, I'd like to represent how to help books keep from disasters and damages.
3. What common ground do audience members share with each other and with me?
It is obvious that the majority of the audience is my age, and from the same culture. I would like to share how I treat my books, and I hope every book they own can live longer. Therefore, I think this topic is quite important for most of us.
4. What I can do to enhance my credibility?
Here I got some information from the Net. Most of them were librarians who provided tips of keeping books from damages. And I found that we applied almost the same principles.
5. What is my audience's initial attitude toward my speech topic likely to be?
Most audience might consider it is a relatively common one, and even ignore it as they know what topic I will put forward. Yet in my speech they would understand that how important it is to extend the life span of books.
6. What language or culture differences do audience members have with each other and with me?
I will speak in English which is our second language, so I would not use too arduous terms to convey my speech. In case there are some words that are hard to comprehend clearly I will explain them in another way again.
Speech--Outline Effie 49482029
Specific goal: I would like the audience to know that I am such a book lover.
Introduction:
I. How many of you love to read?
II. Have you found that some books you borrowed from the libraries were dirty or even broken?
III. Today I want to share my reading habits and the tips of protecting books to you.
Thesis statement: The importance of protecting books and four hints of dealing the books of book lovers will be represented to the audience.
Body
I. Before I had enough money to buy books for myself, I would borrow books from the library of the school. Usually, I found that almost every book was damaged.
A. There were blots of ink, stains of drinks, and even dead bugs on the leaves.
B. The leaves would turn yellow.
C. Sometimes the books smelled bad.
D. The book covers would fall off from the books.
II. After I bought myself books, I became more and more anxious as my books got damaged.
A. Sometimes I folded my loved books accidentally or stained the pages and cover with water.
B. When I retrieved my books from others, my book cover would get some blots.
III. I try to protect my books.
A. I would pay more attention not to damage books.
B. I will warn those who want to borrow my books to be careful about books.
IV. Some hints are given to those who want to preserve their books.
A. Handle books with freshly washed hands.
B. When removing a book from the shelf, do not pull it out by its headcap, which is apt to break.
C. Use only paper bookmarks, rather than metal or leather, which will tear or stain the pages.
D. Avoid eating, drinking, and smoking around books as the spills and stains are generally permanent.


沒有留言: