2007年10月17日 星期三

Speech Outline of Introduction (Section A)

Speech Plan—Personal Experience

2007\10\17

49482024

蔡佳珊

1. How relevant will the audience find this material to be?

I think my classmates might want to know why I always do not know whether to laugh or to cry when they said I am very boyish.

2. How can I make it easier for audience members to comprehend the information I will share?

I will share them with some of my experiences of being gender mistaken.

3. What common ground do audience members share with each other and with me?

All of us have met people with middle-sex appearances more or less.

4. What I can do to enhance my credibility?

Share them with my personal experience might be helpful

5. What is my audience's initial attitude toward my speech topic likely to be?

They might think I exaggerate, but in the end they would believe me or simply consider my experiences are jokes.

6. What language or culture differences do audience members have with each other and with me?

Using English as the language I deliver my speech might cause some problem in interpreting and apprehension.

Speech Outline

Specific goal: I want to tell you two of my interesting experiences about being mistaken as a boy.

Introduction

I. I have many experiences for being mistaken as a boy, even until these days.

II. I think it is resulted in my appearance, my wearing style, or even what I do in my free time.

Thesis statement: I want to tell you about two of my experiences that resulted in gender mistaken. One of them is quite interesting, but the other makes me uneasy.

Body

I. The interesting one is about a strange gift for Valentine's Day.

A. It happened in three or four years ago, when I was in senior high school.

B. The gift was a cup of tofu pudding, with a very cute card on it.

C. The gift was sent by a younger schoolmate I've never been familiar with.

II. The embarrassing one is being mistaken as a boy, and more embarrassed to me because of my father's way for defense

  1. It happened at several months ago, and I remember that day was Tomb Sweeping Festival.
  2. A female relative mistook my father as my grandfather's another son, and that was because she mistook me as a boy.
  3. My father's reply: "Actually, I DO have two daughters, but the first one is in abroad now. And this one . . . biologically, she is a girl."

Conclusion

I. I never get used to this kind of experience, but the only thing I can do is to accept it.

沒有留言: