2008年1月1日 星期二

A6310 SectionB 49482013 黃慧嵐 Speech plan No.3

Audience Adaptation Plan
1. Audience attitude: Today, it is very normal for a family to own a car. Some wealthy families even have more than one car. But do they really need so many cars or do they buy cars just because other people are buying too? They do not know they could make a difference if they do not buy cars.
2. Reasons: I believe there are three reasons that can convince my audience not to buy cars, first, cars cost lot of money; second, cars producing pollutions and third, cars can be replaced by mass transportation.
3. Selecting an organization to meet audience needs: First I'll give them personal experience to raise the question. Second, I'll give them the number of cars in Taiwan and compare it with other countries', and it will show that there are too many cars in Taiwan. Third, I'll give them three reasons why we do not need cars. Finally, I'll go back to the question I asked in the beginning of the speech and make a short conclusion.
Speech Outline
Speech Goal
I want to convince the audience that we do not need so many cars in our life.
Introduction
I. Recently, I have noticed that some of my friends have more than one car in their family.
II. I am very curious about how many cars are there in Taiwan and in other countries.
III. Do we really need so many cars?
Thesis Statement
There are three good reasons for not needing so many cars and in our daily life: they cost a lot of money, they cause pollutions, and last, they can be replaced by mass transportation.
Body
I. According to the Car Magazine, owning a car really cost a lot of money.
A. The average cost for a new car per year is NT$140 thousand.
1. If you buy a 1300cc small car the average cost is NT$350 thousand.
2. Details for spending.
B. The average life span for a car is ten years, so if you start driving from age 30 to 80 you'll have to buy 5 cars.
1. So the total number you have to spend on cars is NT$ 5million.
II. Cars produce pollution to the environment.
A. When the gasoline burns, it produces carbon dioxin.
1. According to the statistic, cars produce 58% carbon dioxin in Taiwan.
2. Carbon dioxin is the main reason for global warming.
3. Carbon dioxin can make acid rain.
B. The gasoline can not be burnt completely every time, and thus produces carbon monoxide.
1. Carbon monoxide is the main reason for air pollution.
III. Mass transportation in Taiwan has developed rapidly, so you can get to almost every where without driving your car.
A. Take Taipei for example, we have MRT and buses.
1. The MRT can reach many different places.
2. In Taipei, buses are every where, and it cost you only NT$12.
B. Taking mass transportation is a good way to save your money.
1. Take myself for example, I don't have any cars so the only way for me to move around in the city is mass transportation
2. Usually I spend NT$3000 per month on transportation. If I keep taking public transportation for 50years, I will have to spend NT$ 1'800'000.
C. Mass transportation produces less pollution to the environment than cars do.
Conclusion
Back to the question I asked at the beginning, since driving cars costs a lot, produces pollutions and can be replaced by mass transportation, do we really need so many cars?
Sources
中華民國行政院環保署http://www.epa.gov.tw/
台北市政府交通局http://www.dot.taipei.gov.tw/newch/
中華民國交通部http://www.motc.gov.tw/
汽車購買指南雜誌20058月號
台北捷運公司http://www.trtc.com.tw/c/
首督客運

沒有留言: