2008年1月1日 星期二

A6310 SectionB 49482015 陳思渝 Speech plan No.3

Persuasive speech

Speech title: Caning as a penalty for sex offenders.

Audience Adaptation Plan

1. Audience analysis: Almost all my audience is 20-21 years old college students. I've asked many of them about their opinions on this topic. I found that their opinions are very different. Some people are totally support this idea, some people are against it because they thought that it was inhumanity and most people said that they didn't understand how to execute it, so they have no idea. I think that it's controversial topic foe the audience.

2. Background knowledge: Although my audience holds different opinions on this topic, I think that they don't understand caning very much and they don't know the serious situations of sexual abuses in Taiwan.

3. Creating and maintaining interest: I will start with some pictures to get the audience's attention and make them understand that it's a serious problem that would probably happen around us.

4. Organization: I will start with the situations in Taiwan and make the audience understand what really happen near us. Then, I will tell the audience why we should support caning for rapers. In the last part, I will show the effectiveness of caning.

5. Building credibility: I will use some chart and statistics to make the audience know better about the real situations. Also, I will take Singapore as a successful example to convince my audience.

6. Motivation: I think that since the crime rate got higher and higher, sex offenders should take some strict punishment rather than just stay in jail for few years.

Outline

Speech title: Caning as a penalty for sex offenders.

Speech goal: I want to convince my audience that we should support caning as a punishment for sexual abuses.

Introduction:

I. Use some pictures of smiles to be the lead-in of my speech.

II. Tell the audience those smiles might fall away because they might be forced to confront something bad

Thesis statement:

I'd like to talk about the situations of sexual abuses in Taiwan, the reasons why I support caning as a penalty for sex offenders and the effectiveness and execution of caning.

Body:

I. To talk about the situations of sexual abuses in Taiwan

A. Look at this chart and see that the crime rate of sex abuses got higher than before.

B. Look at the next statistics and see that the number of the victims

II. The reasons why I support caning as a penalty for sex offenders

A. According to our criminal law, the penalties for rapers is not heavy.

B. The rapers are easy to recommit the crime.

C. There are no effective ways to monitor the rapers after they're discharged from prison

III. The effectiveness and execution of caning

A. Singapore is famous for their strict law and caning and their crime rate is low.

B. Some reflections about caning which were written by the foreigners who ever experienced caning in Singapore.

C. Caning is not a brutal punishment treating criminals as animals.

D. How Singaporean executes caning.

Conclusion:

Of course, we can't avoid any accidents absolutely. But at least we can try to lower the risks. Now there's a website people can cosign to support legislate for caning. If you're interested in it, please ask me.

Sources:

內政部家庭暴力及性侵害防治委員會 http://dspc.moi.gov.tw/mp.asp?mp=1

薛凌服務網 http://www.850.idv.tw/modules/tinyd01/

內政部http://www.moi.gov.tw/home/

法源法律網 http://db.lawbank.com.tw/FLAW/FLAWQRY01.asp

世界各國刑案統計比較提要分析http://www.npa.gov.tw/NPAGip/wSite/

public/Attachment/f1158543465633.pdf

沒有留言: