2007年11月21日 星期三

A6310 Section A 49482012 陳亭縈 Speech Plan No. 2

Informative Speech Section A 49482012 陳亭縈
Speech Topic: An Introduction to Fantasy Literature
Adaptation Plan:
1. Speaking directly to members of the audience:
I will use personal pronouns to talk to the audience directly.
2. Building credibility:
I will introduce the derivation of fantasy literature and tell the audience my experience of reading the classics in fantasy literature.
3. Getting and maintaining interest:
I will introduce some fantasy literatures which my audience knows and I will show some pictures to my audience.
4. Facilitating understanding:
I will give examples of the classics in fantasy literature and tell the stories briefly.
5. Increasing retention:
I will use visual aids and stories to help my audience remember my main points. I will also repeat my main points in the introduction and conclusion.
Speech Outline:
Speech Goal: I would like to introduce fantasy literature and recommend the classics of fantasy to my audience.
Introduction:
I. The range of fantasy literature is wide, and we can easily approach movies or video games adapted from fantasy literature.
II. Do you enjoy reading fantasy literature?
III. What's your opinion about fantasy literature?
Thesis statement: Fantasy literature can be not only entertaining but profound, and the classics of fantasy influence many people all over the world, including me.
Body:
I. What are the traits of fantasy literature?
A. The fantastic elements are magic, monsters, heroes, imaginary world, and adventures.
II. I will tell the derivation of fantasy literature.
A. Fantasy literature can be traced back to Greek mythology, and Norse mythology.
B. The modern fantasy began at the publishing of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings in 1954.
III. There are many classics in fantasy literature, and I will introduce three masterpieces and famous writers.
A. The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings are written by J.R.R. Toltien.
1. The Lord of the Rings has a complete framework of fantasy literature, and it has influenced the other fantasies afterward.
B. C.S. Lewis is the author of The Chronicles of Narnia.
1. The Chronicles of Narnia has set up the point of view: The goods will always conquer the evils.
C. Michael Ende wrote the Never Ending Story.
1. Michael Ende was good at writing novels to children and teenagers.
2. The main points of his fantasies are usually time and self-value.
Conclusion:
I. We can learn the thesis statements in the fantasy literatures.
II. The fantasy literatures contain the author's wisdom and spirits, which are good for us to make self-examination.
III. Reading fantasies is interesting, and I hope everyone can enjoy the fantasies.
Sources:
<二次戰後奇幻文學的重現:以《魔戒》為例>
國立政治大學歷史研究所 江浩文,1994


沒有留言: