2007年11月20日 星期二

A6310 SectionB 49482018 林娟如 Speech Plan NO.02

Topic: Storytelling
Adaptation Plan
Speaking directly to the audience: I will talk directly to the audience. I will use personal pronouns, and I will go slowly to make the audience can clearly understand what I want to share with them.
Building credibility: At first I will tell them I have taken the storytelling course recently. And I will show them the note I made and the book I got from the storytelling teacher. Then at last I will demonstrate a story for them.
Getting and maintaining interest: I will use some examples to let them know storytelling is relative to our daily life. And I will use a happy tone to make the audience feel that storytelling is interesting.
Facilitating understanding: I will slowly introduce what storytelling is to make them can understand clearly. And I will demonstrate a story with the skills I tell them. Then the audience can know how to use the skills.
Increasing retention: I will give as many as possible examples to make them understand better. Besides, by telling a story should help retention.
Speech Outline
Specific goal: I want my audience to understand what storytelling is and how to tell a story.
Introduction
I. Storytelling becomes a new industry now.
II. Recently I have taken a 3 days' storytelling training course.
III. Today I want to share with you what I learn from storytelling.
Thesis statement: After understanding what storytelling is and how to perform it, you will see that storytelling is an interesting and powerful expression form.
Body
I. What is storytelling?
 A. Everyone can tell a story.
 B. Storytelling's definition.
  a. An ancient art form and a valuable form of human expression.
  b. The interactive art of using words and actions to reveal the elements and images of a story while encouraging the listener's imagination.
   1. Storytelling is interactive.
   2. Storytelling uses words.
   3. Storytelling uses actions.
   4. Storytelling presents a story.
   5. Storytelling encourages the active imagination of the listeners.
(Now that you know what storytelling is. Let me show you some simple storytelling
skills I learned from the training course.)
II. Some simple storytelling skills
A. Storytelling is a performance.
 a. The first step—just do it!
   1. Don't be afraid.
   2. Don't mind other's judgments.
   3. Just have fun.
  b. Pick one story you like.
   1. You can start with the story you familiar with.
   2. Enjoy the story you choose.
  c. Use your vocal and body language to make the story vivid.
   1. Open your arm. You are the best actor or actress.
   2. Imagine yourself is the character in the story.
   3. Use different tones to build different atmospheres.
   4. Gestures, eye contacts, facial expressions, movements are all important.
   5. You can also use some puppies or other properties.
 B. Storytelling demonstration—Not Now, Bernard by David Mckee
Conclusion
Storytelling is an interesting and powerful expression form. Now you know what storytelling is and how to tell a story. You can go to pick one book you like and have fun.
Sources:
蔡淑瑛。《從說故事到閱讀》。台北:富春文化,2001年。頁52-66
Mckee, David. Not Now, Bernard. Oliver & Boyd, 1990.
What is Storytelling?. 2006. National Storytelling Network. 20 November 2007
<http://www.storynet.org/Resources/KnowledgeBank/whatisstorytelling.html>

____________________________________________________________________________________
怎樣減少垃圾信?只要看到垃圾信,立即按下「這是垃圾信」按鈕,垃圾信剋星幫助你清除你信箱垃圾。

沒有留言: