2007年11月20日 星期二

A6310 Section A 49482021 林采萱 Speech Plan No.2

Speech Plan     49482021 林采萱 Section A

Informative speech

Adaptation Plan

1.          Speaking directly to the audience: I will use personal pronouns and directly talk to the audience.

2.          Building credibility: I will give the audience my experience of maintaining computer, and the audience will take my advice by my explaining why and how to maintain computer.

3.          Getting and maintaining interest: I will start the speech with reminding the importance of computer, and then give an example of my friend's situation.  I will also try to keep vivid throughout the speech.

4.          Facilitating understanding: I will slowly and carefully explain the steps with pictures.  By using visual aids in Chinese, the audience can clearly understand how to use some functions in Chinese operating system and know that maintaining computer is not difficult.

5.          Increasing retention: Using visual aid can help the audience remember, and I will also use startling statement to remind the audience.

Speech Outline

Speech goal: I want my audience to know how to basically maintain their computer.

Introduction

I.        Many people know how to use computers, but seldom of them know how to maintain their computers.

II.     Some of my friends and classmates ever asked me about computers' problems.

III.   I can share my experience of maintaining computer.

Thesis statement: The three parts to maintain computer is cleaning up browser, checking hard disk, and deleting prefetch.

Body

I.        The first part for maintaining computer is cleaning up browser.

A.     The browser that we talk about is Internet Explorer.

B.     The following steps can save some space for your computer.

1.      Open Internet Explorer and select "Internet Options" in "Tools".

2.      Click on the "Delete Cookies" and "Delete Files" buttons.

C.     Because some virus or Trojan horses may hide in cookies and files, it would be better to be deleted after surfing the internet.

II.     The second part for maintaining computer is checking hard disk.

A.     Hard disk is where computer stores data, especially Local Disk.

B.     The following steps can check and repair errors of your hard disk.

1.      Double click on "My Computer" icon.

2.      Right click on "Local Disk (C :)" and open "Properties".

3.      Click on "Disk Clean Up" button in "General".

4.      After clean some unnecessary files, click on "Scandisk" and "Disk Defragmenter" buttons in "Tools".

C.     If using P2P software, running "Disk Defragmenter" every two weeks would be better.

III.   The third part for maintaining computer is deleting prefetch.

A.     Prefetcher occupies some space if we do not regularly clean it.

B.     The following steps can delete prefetch.

1.      Double click on "My Computer" icon.

2.      Open "Windows" file and double click on "Prefetch" icon.

3.      Delete files with the extension ".pf".

Conclusion

Keep computer healthy is not difficult if we regularly clean up some unnecessary files and check errors in hard disk.

Sources

Wendy Hogan. "Basic Computer Maintenance." Kids' Turn Central. 18 Nov. 2007 < http://www.kidsturncentral.com/topics/computers/htmaintenance.htm >.

"Maintaining Your Computer." 2007. Gateway, Inc. 18 Nov. 2007 < http://support.gateway.com/support/manlib/notebooks/solo1150/8507028/maintain.htm>.

"Maintain Your Computer." Computertim Technologies. 18 Nov. 2007 < http://www.computertim.com/howto/article.php?topic=windows&idn=59>.

沒有留言: