2007年11月21日 星期三

A6310 Section B 蔡依璇 Speech Plan No.2

Speech Topic: How the Mummy Is Made

I. Adaptation Plan

A. Speaking directly to the audience: I will present my speech in a live talk show program way, speaking to my audience directly with "you" attitude.

B. Building credibility: I will lead my audience into my topic by introducing related information step by step. I will also provide the sources at the bottom of my speech plan.

C. Getting and maintaining interest: I will start my speech as a live talk show. Then I will ask questions to arouse my audience's interests. Moreover, there will be a special guest(on power point) invited to help me.

D. Facilitating understanding: At first I will explain why ancient Egyptians have the mummy custom, then I will introduce the how the mummy is made process. Each step comes with key points on power point.

E. Increasing retention: Use of visual aids can help retention. I will also use metaphors to make sure my audience understand what I say so that they can follow me.

II. Speech Outline

A. Specific Goal: I want my audience to know why and how the mummy is made by giving four steps.

B. Introduction: By making the class in a live talk show atmosphere, I will present the speech vividly and enthusiastically.
1. I will lead my audience into the core of Khufu pyramid.
2. The mummy inside the pyramid is the topic we are going to talk today.

C. Thesis statement: The four steps enable my audience to get more understanding of ancient Egyptian burial custom.

D. Body:
1. First Step: remove the brain
2. Second Step: remove the organs except heart
3. Third Step: dry out with natron(salt)
4. Forth Step: wrap with white linen

E. Conclusion: the process of mummification is to make sure that one can become eternal after death.

F: Sources:
wikipedia online: mummy, canopic jars, ancient Egypt

沒有留言: