2007年11月20日 星期二

A6310 Section A 49482019 周明慧 Speech Plan No.2

 
Speech Topic: Approaching Chocolate
 
Adaptation Plan:
1.      Speaking directly to members of the audience: I will use rhetorical questions and the second pronoun "you" to show the audience I am talking to them directly.
2.      Building credibility: I will cite a statistic table to show my audience that my speech has supportive data, and I will use an example of chocolate's wrapped package to show that I have collected and chose concrete object.
3.      Getting and maintaining interest: Since my audiences are young students, they probably receive or send chocolate as a gift. Or, they probably have an experience of purchasing chocolate. Therefore, I decide to deliver my speech for increasing their knowledge toward chocolate, and they will become more interested.
4.      Facilitating understanding: By using visual aids (the power point including a tablature and an example of chocolate formulate, and a concrete example of a chocolate's package) to show my audience some key terms about chocolate.
5.      Increasing retention: I will use rhetorical question to highlight some key point of my speech, and I will keep repetition to emphasize my main points. Of course, by using visual aids, my audience will easily memorize the information throughout my delivery.
 
Speech Outline:
 
Specific Goal: I want my audience to know the three elements to know more about chocolate, those are the ingredients in chocolate products, the famous chocolate manufactures, and then, the process to choose chocolate.
 
I.            Introduction: By showing pictures, I list those special days when we can send or receive chocolate as a celebrating gift for its affectionately implications. Besides, I will provide a table to show the chocolate marketing in Taiwan.
A.         The Valentines' day and Christmas surely make a main stream of chocolate selling.
B.         Chocolate reigns over in Taiwan's candy market; that is—chocolate has a large market in Taiwan compared with other candies.
 
(People in Taiwan eat so many chocolates. But do they really know what chocolate really is?)
 
II.         Thesis statement: Approaching chocolate by understanding the proportion in chocolate's variety of ingredients; then, knowing chocolate manufactures to recognize their features. Therefore, the audience can choose the most suitable chocolate for themselves.
 
III.     Body:
A.         I will show the ingredients in chocolate products, and explain each ingredient's effects in chocolate.
1.          Cocoa beans can determine the chocolate's flavors, and also can be divided into two parts, coca fat and cocoa mass.
2.          Cocoa mass can enrich the chocolate taste.
3.          Cocoa fat/vegetable oil can smoothen the chocolate tasting, making chocolate easily melt in your mouth.
4.          Non-chocolate ingredients add more flavors.
 
(We know enough about the chocolate ingredients. Then, how many worldwide chocolate manufactures do you know so far?)
 
B.         By introducing three famous chocolate manufactures, I will let the audience know each brand's name, nation, features, and specialty.
1.          Godiva from Belgium is a royal brand to remain the Lady Godiva. Its products always create the chocolate fashion stream for its chocolate design.
2.          Feodora from Germany is another royal brand, named by the Lady Feodora. It's well-known as its bitter chocolate.
3.          Ferrero S.p.A. from Italy makes it product as a best-seller in Taiwan. Its Rocher reigns over in the whole Taiwan.
 
(Chocolate has its magical power to rule its candy kingdom, and it is a perfect gift for friends when some special days come. However, how do we choose chocolate for our friends?)
 
C.         Providing some tips and informing the principles to the audience how to choose chocolate.
1.          The first principle is being careful of chocolate's hometown.
2.          Second one is paying attention on the proportion of cocoa mass.
3.          The, the third is observing the chocolate's appearance.
 
(Chocolate is like the strawberry, for it is easy to be hurt and difficult to preserve. Choosing fresh chocolate is a necessary process when you are buying some. Finally, I hope you can get more specific idea about chocolate. )
 
IV.      Conclusion: After my chocolaty speech, I hope you can have more sense on chocolate or have a basic percept about the worldwide chocolate manufactory. Besides, you can choose chocolate and recognize the ingredients as well.
 
Sources:
English
"List of Chocolate Manufacturers." Wikipedia. 18 Nov 2007. <http://en.wikipedia.org
/wiki/List_of_chocolate_manufacturers>.
Trappey, Charles V. "Candy" The Taiwan Snack Food Market. Taiwan: Hwa-Tai,
2000. 49-56.
中文:
廖漢雄。《巧克力製作》台灣:品度,2005年。頁2-23
張鴻斌。《創意手製巧克力甜點》台灣:藝敏,1999年。頁7-9

___________________________________________________________________
體驗全新Yahoo!奇摩電子信箱2.0 - 馬上體驗

沒有留言: