2007年10月29日 星期一

A6310 Section A 49482044 張如瑩 Speech Plan No.1

Speech plan 1 49482044 張如瑩

Topic: Some Disadvantages of being Short

1. How relevant will the audience find this material to be?

The audience can try to understand and imagine what disadvantages they might encounter if they ever have had a chance to be as tall as me.

2. How can I make it easier for audience members to comprehend the information I will share?

I will try to give some vivid and real examples that happened in my daily life in order to let my audience comprehend what I am talking about.

3. What common ground do audience members share with each other and with me?

Most of my audience may wonder why I can be this short, and they may also wonder what disadvantages I shall have in my daily life.

4. What I can do to enhance my credibility?

I myself is the vivid example because I am only near 150 cm. Besides, if my audience wants to have any further information, they can read a book call "A Life of 150cm". The book gives a lot of similar example as mine.

5. What is my audience's initial attitude toward my speech topic likely to be?

I think the audience would be quite interested in my topic, and they might think that being tall is good in some ways.

6. What language or culture differences do audience members have with each other and with me?

My audience has the same culture as me so I do not worry about this part. As for the language, I think my English is quite understandable as long as I speak slowly. Therefore, I would try to lower down my speed and pronounce every word clearly.

Speech outline

Specific goal: I would like the audience to understand the disadvantages of being short.

Introduction: As everyone can see, I am not a tall girl. Being this short is not that bad, but it sure has some disadvantages. These disadvantages, frankly speaking, are not irritating, but can be defined as funny.

Thesis statement: I would like to tell you what disadvantages I often encounter in my daily life and how I decide to face these problems.

Body:

. The reason of being short

A. Most of my family members are not tall, so my height was inherited from my parents.

B. I am a girl who refuse to eat the food I do not like; therefore, I become skinny and short.

. The disadvantages of being short

A. In sports area

  1. I am often belittled by other players because of my height.
  2. It's impossible for me to slam dunk when playing basketball. Besides, my shots are often blocked by other players.

B. I am often treated as a child even when I am a college student now.

1. The clerk in the movie theater wouldn't let me buy the ticket when I said that I was not under-aged.

2. Little children often get along with me because they consider me as same age as them.

C. In buying clothes

1. There are few clothes that can fit me. I always have to tailor my pants in order to make them fit my size.

2. I can buy clothes for children because they often fit me well. However, I feel both happy and sad for this part.

Conclusion:

Being short has many disadvantages; however, these do not make me feel passive about myself. I still have confidence in myself because there are lots of things that compensate for my height, such as diligence, perseverance, and confidence. I do cherish myself for being short because I can have the experiences that others would never have.




沒有留言: