2007年10月31日 星期三

Section B洪慧珊 Plan No. 1


洪慧珊

Speech Plan No. 1

Topic:

Audience Adaptation

1. How relevant will the audience find this material to be?

Though most of my audience didn't have a chance to see my performance of playing guitar and singing, but I do know most of my audiences know I love music and singing.

2. How can I make it easier for audience members to comprehend the information I will share?

I'll take my personal experience of playing guitar as an example to help my audience understand me more.

3. What common ground do audience members share with each other and with me?

I believe that music is pretty common interest that everyone have. Thus, I choose this topic to share with my audience. Besides, I do like to sing or play my guitar in front of my classmates, so maybe some of my audience may have seen my performance before.

4. What I can do to enhance my credibility?

My performance of playing guitar and singing in daily life is definitely enough to make my audience believe that I do love playing guitar.

5. What is my audience's initial attitude toward my speech topic likely to be?

There are some of my classmates told me that they like my performance and I believe that the speech topic of mine would make them feel interested toward my later speech.

6. What language or culture differences do audience members have with each other and with me?

I think my audience can totally understand what I say. But one thing I do worry about is my nervousness. It would make my speech not easy to be understood. However, I will try hard to overcome this problem.

Speech Outline

Speech goal:

I'm going to share my experiences of learning guitar to help my audience gain more ideas about me and understand me more than ever.

A. I tried learning the guitar and gave up twice before I finally got motivated and dedicated enough to stick on.

B. My first try was a really short thing that lasted only 2 days.

C. My second try happened when I was a freshman.

D. My third successful try happened during this year.

Thesis Statement:

I want to share my experience of learning guitar with my audience.

Body:

I. I gave up learing guitar twice before I finally get dedicated enough to stick on.

A. My first try was a really short thing that lasted only 2 days, when I was much younger. My neighbor's elder brother had a guitar, and we was entranced by how cool it was to play it. We tried to learn it, but with no real mentor and lessons, we gave up pretty quickly.

II. My second try happened when I was a freshman.

It was when I met this really cool guy Jay. Actually, he's the guitar club leader. And I was impressed by his performance. That is freaking awesome! For him, I joined the guitar club. Well, he did teach me how to play guitar, and I tried my best to learn whatever I can. However, assignments came, everything piled up, so I just let my guitar lying around in your dorm, doing nothing but gathering dust.

III. My third successful try was during this year.

A. He is short, a little fat and has a plain face. But after I saw his amazing performance, I had the fire in my heart to learn to play guitar again. So I attend his guitar every week and practice guitar almost everyday.

B. The teacher doesn't focus on dry music theory - it teaches you how to get to playing well, fast.

C. Finally, my playing sounds like music, and it wasn't hard to get to that level.

IV.

A. Now, I stared to play and sing in my dorm and enjoy myself. And I really thank my roommates because they have to bear with the "noise" I make for a long time.

B. Maybe one day I would become a superstar and play my guitar on the stage.

Conclusion:

I think my ultimate purpose is not merely introduce my interest to my audience but to tell them that if we want to learn or get something, then go and get it. Sometimes it is not that hard as we imagine. So just do it!


沒有留言: