2007年10月31日 星期三

A6310 Section B 49482053 范德政 Speech plan No. 1

Speech plan
Topic: The experience of joining a book group
1. How relevant will the audience find this material to be?
As a student, everyone once read or hit the book for some purpose and a book group is a one in which each member of the group can share his or her ideas or feelings to help each other achieve a better understanding about the assigned book(s). In the near future, the possible reason for my audience to join a book group is to prepare for the graduate school.
2. How can I make it easier for audience members to comprehend the information I will share?
I will explain to my audience that the book group I join is not for any tests but for a better life or understanding of oneself. Besides, I will specify the way the book group goes on.
3. What common ground do audience members share with each other and with me?
Most of my audience members are students, as am I and whether in the past or in the future, they might or may join a book group for whatever purposes as I do now.
4. What can I do to enhance my credibility?
I will narrate my experience in the book group I join now and show my audience the assigned book for my book group.
5. What is my audience's initial attitude toward my speech topic likely to be?
Most audience members may be only mildly interested in my speech topic, but I hope their interest will be aroused much more after I tell them how the book group goes on and how different the book group is from the one they used to know.
6. What language or cultural differences do audience members have with each other and with me?
As an English major, everyone should be able to understand what I talk about in English. In terms of cultural differences, we all live and grow up in the same country, so there seems unlikely to have any cultural differences.
Speech outline
Specific goal: I would like the audience to realize that they can live a better life by joining a book group.
Introduction:
I. How many of you know what a book group is for?
II. I will explain what kind of book group I join now, how the book group goes and why I join it.
Thesis statement: The things I am learning by joining the book group are how to get along with others, how to realize myself more and how to lead a more comfortable life.
Body:
I. How to get along with others is not easy because of individual background.
A. It is more difficult to know oneself well than to know others.
B. If we can understand ourselves more, then we may have a better chance of getting along with others.
II. Knowing and facing inner self take great courage.
A. People often ignore their feeling and spend time talking about the occurrences.
B. When one has to face one's inner self and tell others about it, it's a challenge.
III. Live and learn plus practice.
Conclusion: You are what you read and what you do.


沒有留言: