2007年10月24日 星期三

A6310 section A 49382045 章瑋 Speech plan No.1

Speech plan

Speech title: My experience in preparing our annual play

Name: Wendy

Audience adaptation:

1. How relevant will the audience find this material to be?

  They will get to know how to prepare the Annual play.

2. How can I make it easier for audience members to comprehend the information I will share?

I will divide the preparation into five stages and explain them one by one.

3. What common ground do audience members share with each other and with me?

Most of the audiences are juniors and they are preparing their Annual play now.

4. What can I do to enhance my credibility?

I will use my own experience and give some examples.

5. What is my audience's initial attitude toward my speech topic likely to be?

They may be interested in this experience since they are planning their play now.

6. What language or cultural differences do audience members have with each other and with me?

Since all of us are not native speakers, using English to give a speech may cause apprehension and inefficient delivery.

Specific speech goal:

I want to share my own experience in preparing our Annual play, "Noises off."

Introduction:

Good morning, Professor Chen and classmates, today I 'm going to talk about my personal experience. Few weeks ago I saw our juniors were voting for their Annual play's script, this reminds me of our preparation for Annual play. Therefore I'm going to share my experience in preparing our Annual play, Noises off.

Thesis statement:

I'm in costume designing group, for our group, the preparation can be divided into five stages.

Body:

First of all we have to read the whole script

   A. It's not the script editors' responsibility.

   B. By reading the script, we can understand each character's personality and

     Movements as well as the play's background and setting in order to design the

     most suitable costumes.

     1. Different colors present different characters in "Noises Off."

Second, we have to search some picture of clothes.

   A. we look for some pictures to inspire us.

     1. Visit some websites.

   B. We collect some pictures of clothes we think may be suitable for our actors.

The third stage, discuss with our director.

A. We share our ideas with our director and vice versa.

The fourth stage is to find those clothes we have decided.

   A. It's the most difficult stage.

      1. For example, the purple suit.

   B. We have limited budget.

The final stage is to let our actors try on the costumes.

   A. We evaluate whether the clothes look good on the actors or not.

Conclusion:

We have gone through these stages more than once. For me, of course I feel depressed when I couldn't find the clothes and I feel frustrated when the items have been rejected. Whenever you encounter this, you have to keep one thing in mind, that is, you're not the only one who got so many works to do. Everyone feels tired and stressful. However, we're lucky enough to have so many people work together. And when you see the play is finally presented successfully on the stage. You will know it's worthwhile. And you will find that your classmates are not your classmates anymore, they are your family.

沒有留言: