2007年10月23日 星期二

A6310 sectionB 49482011黃伊婷


My topic

The experience that I saw a foreign laborer in the MRT station

1. 1. How relevant will the audience find this material to be?

Now in Taiwan, it is not unusual to see foreign laborers and spouses. Therefore, I think this kind of issue can be talked to my audience who are all Taiwanese people.

2. 2. How can I make it easier for audience members to comprehend the information I will share?

I will first take my experience for example to make my audience to ponder on the value that foreign laborers' status is seen to be beneath us in Taiwan. And then I will give few other examples to strengthen my point that we all unconsciously despise the foreign laborers or spouses.

3. 3. What common ground do audience members share with each other and with me?

Now the problem about foreign laborers or spouses is a normal issue in Taiwan. We cannot and should not escape from this kind of issue; we all have to face this issue sooner or later.

4. 4. What can I do to enhance my credibility?

I will deliver this speech just like telling a thrilling story to make my audience into my point step by step. And I will tell much about how I felt when I saw the foreign laborer in the MRT station to reflect how I think about foreign laborers.

5. 5. What is my audience's initial attitude toward my speech topic likely to be?

At the beginning of the speech, I will make a confession to draw my audience' s attention. Then I will use a lot of questions to show how I feel to make my audience think with me.

6. 6. What language or culture differences do audience members have with each other and with me?

Because the audience is all my classmates plus one teacher and English is the only one language we can use in class, there will be little language or culture differences between the audience and me.

Outline

Speech goal

I want to deliver this speech in order to make my audience to rethink their attitude toward those people who have little darker skin than us (or foreign laborers or spouses) and to know that some unconscious thoughts might cruelly reflect our true feelings and our value.

Introduction

I want to make a confession that I am guilty. I am really guilty.

Thesis statement

I am guilty because I do not like the people who are different from me. I am guilty because I despise the people who are different from me. I am guilty because I do not even notice that I despise the people who are different from me.

Body

I. One day I came across a foreign laborer who was the only person who had darker skin than anyone else in the MRT station

A. I saw him and started to observe him

B. A lot of questions popped into my mind, such as how he got into the MRT station, why he was alone without any company, whether he did something bad, and so forth

C. In the end, actually, nothing happened. It was just me who thought about those terrible questions.

II. The society has already put into our mind the ideology that foreign laborers (or people who had darker skin) are beneath us.

A. I thought that as a citizen in the diverse society, I would never despise anyone, but the belief was overwhelmingly crashed down just when the incident happened.

B. I feel so mean of myself to think about those horrible questions without really knowing the foreign laborer.

C. We always respect and love the whiter people's culture, but we always hate and despise the darker people's culture.

(D. For example, we can find that now some kids have already seen their housemaids as people who they can look down upon.)

Conclusion

I. I feel pathetic of myself for I could only stand here to talk about my experience about seeing a foreign laborer in the MRT station, but I could do nothing to change the ideology the society puts in us.

II. In fact, maybe the foreign laborer was not a foreign laborer at all. I have already forced you guys into the ideology just at the beginning of this speech.


沒有留言: