2007年10月24日 星期三

A6310 Section B 奚樂芸 Speech Plan No. 1

A6310 Section B
49482035奚樂芸 Speech Plan No. 1

Topic: Tall Girls' Problems

Audience Adaptation

1. How relevant will the audience find this material to be?

Though I don't think most of my audience will ever have the chance to be a tall girl like me, I do believe they have encountered some problems which were induced by any part of their appearance.

2. How can I make it easier for audience members to comprehend the information I will share?

I'll take my life experience as an example to help them imagine what kind of life a tall girl would have.

3. What common ground do audience members share with each other and with me?

My audience or you can say most of the people I know complain about there height, their weight or anything has to do with the appearance.

4. What I can do to enhance my credibility?

I am always to be the tallest girl in the class and 172 cm is definitely tall enough to make people believe me.

5. What is my audience's initial attitude toward my speech topic likely to be?

There are lots of people keep telling me that they wish they could be as tall as I am. They think everything will go well as long as they are tall(at least at the appearance part).

6. What language or culture differences do audience members have with each other and with me?

I don't worry about my pronunciation actually, but I do worry about whether my audience can exactly catch the meaning I'm trying to express. I'll try not to make them misunderstand my points.

Speech Outline

Speech goal: I'm going to share my daily life experiences to help my audience gain more ideas about tall girls' life, and then they would know it is not perfect to be tall because that makes me different from others. But we are different in somewhere no matter it's about physical or mental features. Through this chance I hope we can learn to see and respect our differences.

Introduction:

I. I'm 172cm tall, and most of my audience is shorter than me.

II. There is a 13cm bridge between me and average Taiwanese girls (about 159.5cm)

III. What kind of situations or experiences my audience will never have, but me, a tall girl experience everyday. So welcome to the tall girl's world.

Thesis Statement:

I want to point out the difference between me and my audience by my life experiences so that they can start to notice that we are all different, and then learn to appreciate that.

Body:

I. It's difficult to find a boy partner who is tall enough for me.

A. Average Taiwanese boy is 171.6cm, so it's not easy for me to have a boy friend.

B. Though I want to do the ball-room dance, but with the high-heels I can hardly find a male partner.

II. The problems I'll have when buying clothes or wearing a high-heels.

A. Clothes are made for the average people, so I have hard time getting a perfect fit one.

B. when I'm wearing high-heels on the street, I may receive some "looks" which are not pleasant or even uncomfortable. People would see me like a giant or something.

III. The unfairness I'll encounter when people arrange the position or seats at taking photos or in the class.

A. I always sat in the back of the class when I was young, for the teachers like to arrange seats by height.

B. when taking photos with many people, I never stand in the front.

IV. Things I want the most: eye contact and decent greetings.

A. Tall girls or boys often hump their back only for having eye contact with others.

B. I seldom receive a greeting which has nothing to do with my height. People always care about my height and ignore the others.

Conclusion:

I think my ultimate purpose is not just introduce my life to my audience but to tell them that even our physical features could make our lives totally different. They probably don't experience the things or problems I have just shared. So, I hope we can start to see our differences and then learn to respect and appreciate others' "stand point of view."


沒有留言: