2008年1月9日 星期三

A6310 SectionA 49482003 林倢如 Speech Plan No.3

Topic: Pay Love Forward
Audience Adaptation Plan
Audience analysis: I think that most of my audiences have seen the movie "Pay It Forward" and must have been touched by the actions which the main character did and the great influence he produced. Thus, I would like to tell my audiences about that we can also do the same thing like they did in the movie, paying our love to people around you and strength it to the world.
Creating and maintaining interest: In my speech, I will take myself for example, offering my own experiences which are about helping others actively to deepen my audiences' impression. Also, I will persuade them to put it into action as well.
Organization: First of all, I will introduce the main idea of my speech and how to put it into action. Secondly, I will share my three experiences of helping others and the outcomes of the events. Finally, I will make a conclusion, telling my audience to help others without any hesitation and embarrassment.
Motivation: Being inspired by the movie called "Pay It Forward", I came up with the topic of today's speech. I hope that after listening my speech today, my audiences can slow down their pace, watch people more, concern and help those who need a little warmth spread from the bottom of our real hearts.

Speech Outline
Speech goal: I want my audiences to pay love forward.
Introduction:
I.In the movie called "Pay It Forward" the social science teacher wanted his students to do an assignment- Think of an idea to change our world and put it into action!
II.The main character Triver thought of an idea which can lead the world to the more peaceful one. The concept of this idea is that starting from him, he helped three people and do not expect any return but ask them to help the other three people. From this chain effect, the influence of this action would be very extensive.
III.Triver tried to interact with the world and hoped that people can be touched by those benevolent actions. This is indeed the final aim of this assignment.
Thesis statement: My target of today's speech doesn't want you just to donate your money. In fact, I want you to concern those who need a little warmth which is spread from the bottom of our real hearts. Slow down your pace, watch people more, keep an eye on to protect them and remember that don't be hesitated to help them. Pay love forward, you can not only fix a person but also change both of your lives.

Body:
I. I observed the people who are around me need help.
II.My best friend Tiffany had a huge battle against her mother who I also knew well. And they had already sunk into the cold war for three weeks. I thought that maybe I could be the intervener to help them break the thick ice. Thus, I put Tiffany onto the top of my helping list.
a.I made a phone call to her home and had a short conversation with her mother. At the beginning I complimented her mother for a while in order to let her mother feel happy then I told her that Tiffany had already knew that it was her fault and was eager to reconcile with you but don't know how.
b.After that, I encouraged Tiffany to make a little card to her mother. Yesterday, Tiffany told me that they stopped the fire and went back to the former peace. I was glad to hear it. It means that my effort worked it out.
III.The second one who I helped with was Beverly. She is not like a dinosaur but she's been single since she was born and was worried about that no one would marry her for good. After hearing her complaints for a long time, I decided to help her make a romantic love story.
a.First, I took her to the fashion salon to have a hair cut and dye the hair and then took her to the department store, bought some cosmetics and I taught her the basic skill of make-up.
b.Then I introduced her to some of my male friends. At that night, she met a guy who she regarded as her Mr. Right. And they have kept in touch these days. So far, with my help, her love adventure has gone fluently.

IV.Have you ever felt hesitated whether to give your helping hands or not? Have you ever fled away from the harsh situation because of your embarrassment to help others? It happened to me for several times and I always felt guilty after the events.
a.Yesterday, when I came out from the MRT station, I witnessed a man who knocked down a bicycle by accident and then the row of the bicycles fell down like the dominos. At that time, I paused for a while, being hesitated to help him. At last I did nothing but just walked away. On my way toward home, I kept thinking of the event which just happened in front of me. I was regretted that I should have done my favor to help him. Although I would like to assist him, I was too shy to offer my help. If I helped her generously at that time, the third blank in my helping list would not be empty until now. After that, I made up my mind to help people without any hesitation and embarrassment.
Conclusion:
Although the things I've done were inappreciable, I helped at least two people in just four days. And I'll continue doing it. Sometimes we may be disappointed at the present situation where is filled with the tangled politics, the conflicts between different religious beliefs, economic depression and the extreme disparity between the rich and the poor. However, I still believe that there is love existing around the world.

Sources:
1. The film "Pay It Forward"
2. My own experiences
3. My brain

沒有留言: