2008年1月6日 星期日

A6310 SectionB 49482016 王威儒 Speech Plan NO.3

Persuasive speech
Speech title: Don't ever try it.

Audience Adaptation Plan
1. Audience analysis: Although my audience would probably know that smoking is bad and addictive, they still may think that it's fine to try it or smoke less, and they may think that they could quit smoking as long as they want to.
2. Background knowledge: My audience does know that smoking is bad, but I doubt whether they know the seriousness of smoking.
3. Creating and maintaining interest: I will tell them when and why I started to smoke and how stupid it is to use cigarette as a "stress releaser" because actually it is a killer.
4. Organization: First, I will introduce the harmful ingredients of cigarettes, then how expensive it is to be a habitual smoker. Finally, I will let the audience know that smoking is suicide.
5. Building credibility: I started to smoke since freshman, and I feel my body condition has been worsening. I try to find the reason and I figure that it is cigarette that makes me weak.
6. Motivation: I know how bad it is to smoke, and how hard it is to quit it. So since my audiences are non-smokers; I really hope that they will never ever try to smoke.


Outline
Speech title: Don't ever try it.
Speech goal: I want to convince my audience that they should never try to smoke.
Introduction:
I. The audience might wonder what my topic is about, and they will figure it out the moment they saw the power point I show them.
II. I will tell my audience when and why I started to smoke, and use a picture which I was smoking in it as a background.
Thesis statement:
Obviously, most people have heard all the bad effects of smoking. Besides, as far as I know, I am the only one who smokes in this class. However, after they get a job, men will probably find out that smoking is a kind of social intercourse. I want to discourage them from trying to smoke by telling them how addictive and deadly smoking is. (color and boldface added by the instructor)
Body:
I. The harmful ingredients of cigarettes.
A. Pesticides are chemical substances used to kill pests and insects, and they are toxic.
B. Carbon Monoxide reduces the blood's ability to carry oxygen which causes fatigue and increases chest pain with chronic heart disease.
C. Nicotine is highly addictive, and according to WHO, it is one of the most heavily used addictive drugs in the United States
II. Smoking is a costly habit.
A. As a tutor, I earn ten thousand NTdollars per month, and my cigarette costs sixty NTdollars per pack
B. I smoke one pack per day, and it costs me 1800NTdollars per month, which account for nearly two fifth of my monthly earning.
C. When you get cigarette-related disease such as lung cancer, the social resource would be spent a lot in order to take care of you.
III. Smoking is suicide.
A. 87% lung cancer can be attributed to smoking.
B. Lung cancer is the most common cause of cancer-related death.
C. Smoking also increases the chance of heart disease.
Conclusion:
As a smoker, I know how hard it is to quit smoking. As a result, since my audiences are non-smokers, I really hope that they will never ever try to smoke after they know that smoking will do them nothing good but harm.
Sources:
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_of_tobacco_smoking
3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lung_cancer#Signs_and_symptoms
4. http://www.yck2.edu.hk/nosmoke/harm.htm


沒有留言: