2008年1月9日 星期三

(Persuasive Speech) 49482054 林佳楠

Audience Adaptation Plan
Speech Title: Say No to Bamboo Chopsticks!
1. Audience Attitude: I asked ten people about their attitudes toward bamboo chopsticks, and all of them knew their threatening effects, but only two people did not use them in practice. As I asked them why they still use bamboo chopsticks when they were acquainted with their disadvantages, most of them considered it troublesome to carry a pair of chopsticks with them, and they though that it did not matter a great deal. Worried about this negative tendency, I determined to contrive a speech to inform my audience of the terrible truth of their harmful effects and r persuade them not to use bamboo chopsticks any more.
2. Reason: There are two reasons for us to refuse to use bamboo chopsticks. The most essential problems of bamboo chopsticks are that they profoundly increase garbage and that they contain many toxic chemical substances that will jeopardize human health.
3. Selecting an organization to meet audience needs: At first, I am going to reflect my observation about the unworried attitude of people toward bamboo chopsticks. Then I will expose the astonishingly rough process of manufacturing to impress my audience and officially empirical evidences will be cited to support my arguments. Afterwards, I enumerate several organizations that are promoting this movement so as to kindle my audience to take immediate action. I am convinced that after my presentation my audience will feel it absolutely necessary to carry a pair of chopsticks with them.
Outline
Speech Goal: I hope people can carry a pair of chopsticks with them to avoid using disposable bamboo chopsticks.
Introduction:
I. According to Environmental Protection Administration, the daily consumption of bamboo chopsticks in Taiwan reaches almost 3 million pairs, and annually consumption is beyond 1 billion pairs.
II. Only two out of ten of my interviewees carry a pair of chopsticks with them, since they consider it to be troublesome.
Thesis Statement: There are two major reasons for us to stop using bamboo chopsticks, in that they deteriorate our environment as well as human health due to their rough producing process.
Body:
I. The consumption of bamboo chopsticks is a great threaten to our environment which has raised worldwide attention.
II. The procedure of producing bamboo chopsticks is surprisingly rough.
III. There are accumulating awareness among government and industry to promote the movement of refusing bamboo chopsticks.
Conclusion: Seeing such great costs we have to pay for using bamboo chopsticks, we should take immediate action to stop using them! And most of all, instead of relying on official promotion, we must try our best to practice this habit and propaganda this movement as wide as possible.
Sources:
1. Taiwan Environment Information Center: http://e-info.org.tw/taxonomy/term/2071
Source of the pictures:
 
 
 

____________________________________________________________________________________
Yahoo!奇摩迷你筆,英文單字一點就翻

沒有留言: